GIT source repository: GitHub page
How to install binary packages:
Download the correct package for your architecture ( run
uname -m to check if you're not sure).
Double click the package, or use a command line package manager (
dpkg -i <file> for ubuntu or debian,
yum install <file> for fedora, etc).
If on an Ubuntu or Debian system the package manager complains about missing dependencies, you can fix it by running
apt-get -f install, and then trying again the installation process.
You might also encounter a conflict with libqhy if you also installed indi packages.
This will be addressed properly in a future release, for now you can force the installation of PlanetaryImager:
sudo dpkg --force overwrite -i PlanetaryImager-<package-version>.deb
Building OSX bundles
An osx bundle is usually released together with binary snapshots and stable releases.
If you want to build a bundle from sources, however, you can either use the scripts in the
support directory, or even better use this scripts provided by Eric Vickery.
Version 0.7.0 is now available:
- feature: adding channel selection to histogram
- feature: display histogram statistics for clipping detection
- feature: adding camera controls presets
- feature: import camera controls from previous recordings
- feature: daemon mode: adding daemon and frontend executables for remote control.
- feature: adding timelapse mode
- feature: night mode
- feature: adding new formats for saving: FITS images, and PNG
- feature: statusbar indicator of time elapsed/left for long exposures
- feature: Windows and OSX versions (see README)
- feature: Add manual selection of ROI
- feature: allow to pause/resume recordings
- bugfix: ASI: better handling of exposure timeout
- bugfix: ASI: ROI fixes for flipped and ROI in ROI
- bugfix: ASI: fix flashing screen on frames capture timeout
- bugfix: Windows: fix SER recording
- bugfix: better error management
- bugfix: add missing information to TXT recording information
- bugfix: fix disconnection/closing crashes with ZWO cameras
- Temporarly disable QHY driver, until we get a stabler SDK
- ui fixes
- updated ASI SDK version (Linux/OSX: v0.6.0921, Windows: 184.108.40.206)